بودكاست التاريخ

في أي مدينة يمكن بناء كاتدرائية؟

في أي مدينة يمكن بناء كاتدرائية؟


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

أنا أقوم بإنشاء قرية على طراز القرون الوسطى في لعبة فيديو أقوم بتطويرها. في محاولة لأكون دقيقًا قدر الإمكان ، لقد درست الشكل الأساسي للكاتدرائيات القوطية وتوصلت إلى فهم جيد جدًا. شيء واحد لم أتمكن من اكتشافه هو أين تم بناؤها بالضبط في المدن؟ هل كانوا بالقرب من وسط المدينة بشكل عام؟ أعلم أنني قرأت منازل الفصل التي تم بناؤها بالقرب من ولكن ما مدى قربها؟

أي معلومة ستكون محل تقدير كبير شكرا


لفهم المكان الذي يمكن أن توضع فيه الكاتدرائية ، من المهم فهم وظيفة وتاريخ الكاتدرائيات.

لاحظ أن السجل من المحتمل أن يعتمد على العديد من العوامل المختلفة ، وأن يكون مختلفًا في الأماكن المختلفة ، وذلك (كما هو مذكور في صفحة Wikipedia):

"... لم تصبح الكاتدرائيات عالمية داخل الكنيسة الكاثوليكية الغربية حتى القرن الثاني عشر"

سأقتصر إجابتي على الكاتدرائيات في إنجلترا واسكتلندا.


في إنجلترا واسكتلندا ، أظهرت التحقيقات الأثرية أن معظم الكاتدرائيات مبنية على مواقع الكنائس السابقة (يرجع معظمها إلى العصر الأنجلو سكسوني ، ولكن بعضها يعود إلى أصول سابقة). ومن الأمثلة على ذلك كانتربري ، ودورهام ، وجلاسكو ، وروتشستر ، ووينشستر.

بشكل عام ، تم تحديد موقع الكاتدرائية بناءً على موقع الكنيسة الموجودة مسبقًا. يمكن أيضًا تحديد موقع تلك الكنيسة من خلال عدد من العوامل ، ولكنها كانت في الأساس هدية من الملك الأنجلو سكسوني. لم تكن كل هذه الكنائس موجودة بأي حال من الأحوال في المدن.

بمجرد بناء الكنيسة ، تميل المستوطنات إلى التراكم حولها. قد تجد الكنيسة المبنية على حافة مستوطنة نفسها بالقرب من المركز مع توسع المستوطنة حولها.


في أعقاب الفتح النورماندي لإنجلترا ، رأس رئيس أساقفة كانتربري الجديد ، لانفرانك ، مجلس لندن عام 1075 الذي أمر بإعادة هيكلة كبيرة للكاتدرائيات في إنجلترا:

بموجب مراسيم البابا داماسوس وليو ، ومجلسي سارديكا ولاودكية ، حيث يحظر أن تكون أراعي الأساقفة في قرى ، كانت للمدن ، ممنوحة بموافقة ملكية وسلطة المجلس للأساقفة الثلاثة المذكورين أعلاه للهجرة. من قرى إلى مدن - هيرمان من شيربورن إلى أولد ساروم ، ستيجاند من سيلسي إلى تشيتشستر ، بيتر من ليتشفيلد إلى تشيستر.

  • جي وهاردي ، وثائق توضيحية لتاريخ الكنيسة الإنجليزية ، ص 54-55

بموجب المرسوم البابوي ، لم يعد من الممكن إقامة الكاتدرائيات في قلاع. ما كان يعنيه هذا في عام 1075 هو أن ستيجاند ، أسقف ساكسون الجنوبيين ، اضطر إلى نقل كرسيه من سيلسي إلى تشيتشيستر ؛ اضطر هيرمان أسقف ويلتشير ودورست إلى نقل كرسيه من شيربورن إلى سالزبوري ، واضطر بيتر ، أسقف مرسيا ، إلى نقل نظرته من ليتشفيلد إلى تشيستر.

قدم هذا حافزًا واضحًا وفوريًا لتوسيع كنائس الكاتدرائيات الجديدة في تلك المدن!

  • تم تكريس كاتدرائية تشيتشيستر الجديدة عام 1108.

  • أعيد بناء كاتدرائية سالزبوري على أرض تبرع بها ريتشارد بور. تم وضع حجر الأساس في 28 أبريل 1220.

  • يقع كرسي أسقف مرسيا في كنيسة القديس يوحنا المعمدان في تشيستر من 1075 إلى 1082. في عام 1082 تم نقل الكرسي إلى كوفنتري حيث ظل حتى نقله أخيرًا إلى كاتدرائية ليتشفيلد في عام 1539. (كاتدرائية تشيستر الحالية كانت سابقًا كنيسة دير في دير بندكتيني أُنشئت في ذلك الموقع عام 1093.)


كما هو مذكور أعلاه ، منح الملوك السكسونيون الأرض لإنشاء الكنيسة ومناطقها. نادرًا ما كانت هذه الأرض "الأفضل" أو الأكثر ملاءمة لبناء كاتدرائية كبيرة! كانت الكنائس المبكرة عبارة عن مبانٍ صغيرة إلى حد ما. قد يكون بعضها كبيرًا نسبيًا مقارنة بالمباني الأخرى المحيطة بهم ، لكن لا شيء يشبه حجم مباني الكاتدرائية التي نراها اليوم!

غالبًا ما تسببت المواقع في مشاكل كبيرة لبناة الكاتدرائيات في العصور الوسطى (ناهيك عن المشكلات التي لا تزال المواقع تسببها لنظرائهم المعاصرين ، حراس الكاتدرائية - الذين تتمثل مهمتهم في محاولة منع هذه المباني من السقوط!).


حكمت حوالي نصف الكاتدرائيات في إنجلترا بأوامر رهبانية. كان رئيس الدير أيضًا عميد الكاتدرائية. أما البقية فكانت تديرها قوانين علمانية ، يرأس كل منها عميد علماني.

كما قد تتوقع ، كان من كان مسؤولاً عن الكاتدرائية عاملاً مهمًا في تحديد موقعها (وتاريخها). جمعت الأديرة مساحات شاسعة من الأراضي في الوصايا طوال فترة العصور الوسطى ، وكيف تم استخدام تلك الأرض من قبل الأديرة نفسها.

تحتوي مقالة ويكيبيديا عن التطور التاريخي لأبرشيات كنيسة إنجلترا على مزيد من المعلومات التي قد تجدها مفيدة في هذا الصدد.


تم توسيع جميع الكاتدرائيات تقريبًا وتوسيعها بعد الفتح النورماندي. بالإضافة إلى جعل مبنى الكنيسة أكبر حجمًا ، فإن هذا يعني أيضًا في كثير من الأحيان توسيع منطقة الكاتدرائية. وهذا ، بدوره ، ينطوي على إزالة الأشخاص الذين كانوا في طريقهم من سوء الحظ.

من السمات البارزة للهندسة المعمارية الحضرية بعد الغزو في إنجلترا أن المواقع الإستراتيجية ، مثل التل، غالبًا ما يتم تخصيصها لـ القلعة. وبالتالي نادرًا ما كانوا متاحين لبناء كنائس الكاتدرائية!

ستجد أن الموضوع قد تمت تغطيته بالتفصيل في أطروحة الدكتوراه لعام 2011 The Old in the New: Urban Castle Imposition في إنجلترا الأنجلو نورمان ، بعد الميلاد 1050-1150 بواسطة مايكل فرادلي.


أخيرًا ، كانت الكاتدرائية مقر الأسقف. ومع ذلك ، هذا لا يعني أنه كان أيضًا محل إقامته الأساسي.

منذ الفتح النورماندي لإنجلترا ، احتفظ العديد من الأساقفة - ربما معظمهم - بقصور كبيرة وفخمة. غالبًا ما كانت قصور هؤلاء الأسقف تقع خارج أبرشيتهم. ومن الأمثلة البارزة هنا القصر في ساوثوارك ، على الضفة الجنوبية لنهر التايمز مقابل مدينة لندن ، والذي كان يحتفظ به أساقفة وينشستر منذ حوالي منتصف القرن الثاني عشر.

  • مصدر الصورة ويكيميديا ​​، تصوير مايك بيل ، CC-BY-SA-4.0.

التل.

سوف يدعي الوكيل الأكثر قوة أن التل هو أكثر التضاريس دفاعًا.

عادة ما يكون التل مقدسًا أو علمانيًا من التنظيم الديني / الاجتماعي السابق.


التاريخ والتراث

وضع أسس كاتدرائية القديس باتريك ، ج. 1860


قصة كاتدرائية نيويورك العظيمة يعكس قصة المدينة نفسها. تم إنشاء كاتدرائية القديس باتريك لتأكيد صعود الحرية الدينية والتسامح ، وقد تم تشييدها بروح ديمقراطية ، وتم دفع ثمنها ليس فقط من خلال مساهمات الآلاف من المهاجرين الفقراء ولكن أيضًا من خلال سخاء 103 من المواطنين البارزين الذين تعهدوا بتقديم 1،000 دولار لكل منهم. تثبت كاتدرائية القديس باتريك الحكمة القائلة بأنه لا يوجد جيل يبني كاتدرائية. بل هو نوع من الحوار المستمر الذي يربط بين الأجيال الماضية والحاضر والمستقبل.

تم وضع حجر الأساس لكاتدرائية القديس باتريك في عام 1858 وفتحت أبوابها في عام 1879. وكان ذلك قبل أكثر من 160 عامًا عندما أعلن رئيس الأساقفة جون هيوز عن طموحه الملهم لبناء كاتدرائية القديس باتريك "الجديدة".

في احتفال أقيم في كاتدرائية القديس باتريك القديمة ، اقترح رئيس الأساقفة هيوز "لمجد الله القدير ، تكريمًا للعذراء المباركة والطاهرة ، لتمجيد الكنيسة الأم المقدسة ، من أجل كرامة اسمنا الكاثوليكي القديم المجيد ، لبناء كاتدرائية في مدينة نيويورك قد تكون جديرة بأعدادنا المتزايدة وذكائنا وثروتنا كمجتمع ديني ، وفي جميع المناسبات ، تستحق كنصب تذكاري معماري عام ، للتيجان الحالية والمستقبلية لهذه المدينة الكبرى القارة الأمريكية ".

تم الاستهزاء به باعتباره "حماقة هيوز" ، حيث تم اعتبار الموقع القريب من البرية بعيدًا جدًا خارج المدينة ، ومع ذلك ، فقد أصر رئيس الأساقفة هيوز على رؤيته الجريئة لبناء أجمل كاتدرائية قوطية في العالم الجديد فيما كان يعتقد أنه ذات يوم تكون "قلب المدينة". لن يؤدي إراقة الدماء في الحرب الأهلية ولا النقص الناتج عن القوة البشرية أو الأموال إلى عرقلة تحقيق حلم هيوز النهائي ومهندسه المعماري ، خطة جيمس رينويك الجريئة.


أقيم "المعرض" لجمع الأموال لافتتاح سانت باتريك في الفترة من 22 أكتوبر إلى 30 نوفمبر 1878. وكان أكبر معرض كنسي أقيم على الإطلاق في الولايات المتحدة.


شراء الأرض الأصلي

تم شراء الأرض الواقعة في الجادة الخامسة حيث توجد الآن كاتدرائية القديس باتريك من قبل المصلين اليسوعيين للكنيسة الكاثوليكية. كان المصلين اليسوعيين أمرًا يركز على التعليم والبحث والأنشطة المختلفة الأخرى. بناءً على طلبهم ، تم استخدام الأرض التي تم شراؤها عام 1810 في بناء كلية ومصلى.

باع اليسوعيون الأرض في عام 1814 ل ترتيب Cistercians من التقيد الصارم يعرف أيضًا في التاريخ باسم Trappists الفرنسيين. عندما بدأ نابليون يفقد السلطة في عام 1815 ، شعر Trappists أنه من الآمن العودة إلى فرنسا دون مواجهة الاضطهاد الديني بعد الآن. ترك Trappists الممتلكات في الجادة الخامسة. ظلت الكنيسة في الجادة الخامسة مغلقة لسنوات.

في النهاية ، أعاد أسقف نيويورك جون دوبوا افتتاح الكنيسة الصغيرة في العقار الواقع في الجادة الخامسة في ثلاثينيات القرن التاسع عشر. سرعان ما ابتليت الرعية بالمشاكل المالية وبسبب عدم كفاءة مجلس الأمناء ، تم بيع العقار في مزاد عام 1844. [3] كان فقدان الكنيسة أمرًا مدمرًا للرعية التي دعمتها. كافح كاهن شاب اسمه الأب مايكل أ. كوران بجهد من أجل جمع الأموال لإعادة شراء الكنيسة. عمل الأب كوران دون عناء في جمع الأموال وتمكن في النهاية من إعادة شراء الكنيسة الصغيرة والممتلكات التي كانت قائمة عليها. مع استمرار نمو الرعية ، كانت هناك حاجة إلى كنيسة أكبر. عندما بدأ الارتفاع المستمر في عدد المهاجرين الكاثوليك بالانتشار في جميع أنحاء مدينة نيويورك ، تم اختيار الموقع الذي تقع فيه الكنيسة لاستخدامه في بناء كاتدرائية القديس باتريك الجديدة.


في أي مدينة يمكن بناء كاتدرائية؟ - تاريخ

تاريخ كاتدرائية التجلي الضخمة في ماركهام

يسجل من داخل منطقة المرمى

تبرز كاتدرائية التجلي عن محيطها في ماركهام.

يقف شامخًا في منطقة هادئة شمال Major Mackenzie Drive و Hwy 404 ، أبراجها الثلاثة وأجراسها الضخمة هي مشهد يمكن رؤيته بين صفوف المنازل المماثلة التي تحيط به.

يشبه إلى حد كبير الهندسة المعمارية للكاتدرائية وتصميمها ، فإن تاريخها معقد ويمكن أن يعود تاريخه إلى عام 1984.

بدأ البناء في عام 1984

وفقًا لموقعهم على الإنترنت ، تقف كاتدرائية التجلي على الأرض التي كانت في يوم من الأيام جزءًا من شركة Romandale Farms Inc.

كان الرجل الذي امتلكها ، ستيفن ب.رومان ، مربيًا وعارضًا رائدًا لأبقار هولشتاين في أمريكا الشمالية.

زيارة البابا يوحنا بولس الثاني لكاتدرائية التجلي بينما كانت لا تزال قيد الإنشاء في 15 سبتمبر 1984. صورة من كاتدرائية التجلي.

بصفته مواطنًا سلوفاكيًا هاجر إلى كندا ، تبرع رومان بالأرض لبناء الكاتدرائية حتى يمكن أن تكون بمثابة "منارة للحرية الدينية لرفاقه السلاف الذين كانوا يعيشون في ظل الهيمنة القمعية للاتحاد السوفيتي السابق ، دون حرية دينية".

في عام 1984 بدأ بناء الكاتدرائية ، وبارك البابا يوحنا بولس الثاني حجر الزاوية وحجر المذبح عندما زارها في نفس العام. كانت هذه أيضًا المرة الأولى التي يبارك فيها بابا روماني كنيسة في أمريكا الشمالية.

لسوء الحظ ، لم يكن رومان يعيش ليرى كاتدرائيته تؤتي ثمارها حيث توفي بنوبة قلبية في عام 1988 عن عمر يناهز 66 عامًا. وفقًا لكاتدرائية التجلي ، حضر أكثر من ألف شخص جنازته التي أقيمت في كاتدرائية غير مكتملة.

بعد وفاة رومان ، انتقل إرثه إلى ابنته هيلين ومؤسسة الكنيسة الكاثوليكية اليونانية السلوفاكية.

في عام 1990 ، قام أول رئيس لتشيكوسلوفاكيا الديمقراطية - بعد سقوط النظام الشيوعي - بزيارة الكاتدرائية. أصبح مكانًا للتجمع وعلامة أمل للسلوفاك في كندا والعودة إلى أوروبا.


كاتدرائية لا بلاتا ، نواة مدينة جديدة: تاريخ المدن في 50 مبنى ، اليوم 11

في عام 1880 ، كانت الأرجنتين تعيش فترة سياسية مضطربة بشكل خاص. المقاطعات الداخلية - المستاءة من موقف بوينس آيرس كعاصمة اتحادية وعاصمة لمقاطعة بوينس آيرس الغنية - أرادت نقل مقر الحكومة الوطنية إلى الداخل ، لكن المصالح القوية لن تتزحزح.

توصل القادة السياسيون في الأرجنتين في نهاية المطاف إلى حل وسط: ترك بوينس آيرس كعاصمة اتحادية ولكن افصلها عن المقاطعة كمقاطعة مستقلة. على الرغم من أن الخطة سعت إلى إنهاء الصراع الطويل ، إلا أنها كانت معقدة بسبب حقيقة أنه لا توجد مدينة أخرى كبيرة بما يكفي لتصبح عاصمة المقاطعة الجديدة. الحل؟ بناء مدينة جديدة من الصفر.

تقع مهمة اختيار الموقع على عاتق حاكم المقاطعة داردو روشا ، الذي عين المهندس بيدرو بينوا. اختاروا موقعًا على بعد 30 ميلاً تقريبًا جنوب شرق مدينة بوينس آيرس ، بعيدًا بما يكفي لإعطاء المدينة الجديدة هويتها الخاصة.

على عكس بوينس آيرس المجاورة ، التي يصعب تصنيف نمط شوارعها الملتوي ، ستكون مدينة بينوا - لا بلاتا - شبكة مربعة مثالية ، بمقاس 36 في 36 كتلة. كل ستة كتل ، تم توسيع الشوارع لتصبح طرقًا لحركة المرور بشكل أسرع ، وحيث تتقاطع الطرق ، تم وضع المربعات أو الدوارات. كان تقسيم نمط الشبكة عبارة عن "قطرين" رئيسيين ، نشأ من أركان مخطط الشبكة ويتقاربان في مركز المدينة المطلق. هناك ، تم إنشاء ساحة عامة أكبر ، تهدف إلى أن تصبح نواة الحياة المدنية. وفي قلبها تمامًا ، خطط بينوا لإنشاء معلم بارز - كاتدرائية لا بلاتا ، لتتوج بأبراج قوطية شاهقة.

خطة الشبكة المربعة لابلاتا

تم اختيار التصميم القوطي الشاهق للكاتدرائية من قبل روشا ، التي شعرت أنه كان أنقى تعبير عن الإرادة الإلهية. وفقًا لإدواردو كاراكاشوف ، عضو جمعية الحفظ Defendamos La Plata (Defend La Plata) ، كانت الكاتدرائية تقع في وسط المدينة بسبب الدور المركزي للدين في الحياة العامة. يقول كاراكاشوف: "إنه يرمز إلى الاعتقاد بأن جميع أفراد المجتمع قريبون على قدم المساواة من الله".

يمثل المخطط الرئيسي لابلاتا نقطة تحول مهمة في التخطيط الحضري في الأرجنتين. بينما تم تشكيل التصميمات السابقة بواسطة قوانين جزر الهند التي سنتها الملكية الإسبانية ، عكست خطة بينوا موقفًا أكثر علمانية تجاه الحكم. تم وضع الكاتدرائية على الجانب الآخر من الساحة المركزية من المباني الحكومية للعاصمة الجديدة - اعترافًا بالفصل بين الكنيسة والدولة الذي سعى إلى تسهيل الدور المناسب لكلا الكيانين.

بعد كسر الأرض في المدينة الجديدة في عام 1882 ، تم تشييد مخطط الشارع والمباني الحكومية بسرعة. لكن تقدم الكاتدرائية كان أكثر تدريجيًا. بالإضافة إلى التصميمات المعقدة التي أدت إلى إبطاء البناء ، فقد أعاق المشروع الركود والاضطراب السياسي في عام 1884. افتُتح أخيرًا بعد حوالي 50 عامًا في عام 1932 ، وكانت إحدى السمات الرئيسية مفقودة من الكاتدرائية: الأبراج المميزة. بالنسبة للكثيرين ، بدا أن رؤية بينوا الأصلية لن تصبح حقيقة واقعة.

في غضون ذلك ، واجهت المدينة نفسها أزمة مماثلة. بعد زوال تفاؤل لا بلاتا في ثمانينيات القرن التاسع عشر ، تراجعت أعمال البناء. على الرغم من أن إدراج الكهرباء والمياه الجارية في جميع أنحاء المدينة الجديدة كان يعتبر أعجوبة تكنولوجية ، إلا أن عدم وجود مقيمين دائمين دفع الكثيرين إلى رؤية لا بلاتا على أنها مدينة أشباح متضخمة. في عام 1890 ، قال الزائر الفرنسي تيودور تشايلد: "يوجد في المدينة كل شيء باستثناء السكان ، وسبب للوجود".

على الرغم من الجهود اللاحقة لإحياء المدينة ، مثل الحرم الجامعي الجديد الذي تم بناؤه في عام 1905 ، فقد استغرق الأمر معظم القرن العشرين حتى تقوم لابلاتا بزعزعة هذه السمعة. خلال النصف الثاني من القرن ، طغى بناء العاصمة البرازيلية الجديدة ، برازيليا ، على مكانة لا بلاتا كمدينة مخططة بارزة في أمريكا الجنوبية. نظرًا لنطاقها الواسع والتزامها المخلص بمبادئ التخطيط الحضري لو كوربوزييه وربيبه البرازيلي أوسكار نيماير ، سرعان ما اكتسبت برازيليا اعترافًا دوليًا بمستقبل التصميم الحضري. على الرغم من كل الاهتمام الدولي الذي تلقته لا بلاتا عندما تم بناؤه - بما في ذلك ميداليتين ذهبيتين في معرض يونيفرسيل عام 1889 في باريس - بدا الآن تصميمه الأكثر ملاءمة للمشاة وكأنه من بقايا حقبة ماضية.

الكاتدرائية قيد الإنشاء عام 1910. لم تكتمل الأبراج حتى التسعينيات. تصوير: أرشيف Alinari / Getty Images

لكن لا بلاتا كان مستحقًا لنهضة ، واحدة من شأنها أن تبدأ بشكل كبير. في عام 1987 ، تم قطع تجمع سياسي أقيم أمام كاتدرائية لا بلاتا عندما انكسر لوح زجاجي كبير من المبنى وتحطم على كرسي كان يجلس فيه حاكم بوينس آيرس قبل ثوانٍ فقط. لقد ولّد هذا الإرادة السياسية ليس فقط لإصلاح الكاتدرائية المتدهورة ، ولكن أيضًا لبناء البرجين اللذين تصوره صانع المدينة منذ أكثر من 100 عام. بدأ البناء في عام 1997 ، وبحلول عام 1999 افتتحت الكاتدرائية أخيرًا - أبراج وكلها - أمام حشد من 150.000 شخص.

بحلول ذلك الوقت ، كانت المدينة نفسها قد نضجت أيضًا ، وتحولت إلى عاصمة ذات ثقافتها المميزة. اليوم البلاتين (سكان لا بلاتا) يفخرون بهويتهم على أنهم محترمون ومحبون للكتب ومحبون للمرح ، إذا كانوا أقل صخبًا من جيرانهم في بوينس آيرس.

على الرغم من أن لا بلاتا كانت تواجه مشكلة في جذب سكان جدد ، إلا أنه قد يكون هناك الآن عدد كبير جدًا ، وقد تم استبدال العديد من المباني الأصلية بأبراج شاهقة ، غالبًا ما يتم بناؤها دون مراعاة الصرف الصحي. في الوقت الحالي ، لا يتمثل التهديد الأكبر في الكاتدرائية بل على العديد من المباني التاريخية الأخرى في المدينة. بالإضافة إلى ذلك ، تم الآن إخلاء جزء كبير من غابة الأوكالبتوس ، والتي أصر داردو روشا على توفيرها أثناء إنشاء المدينة ، لإفساح المجال لملعب كرة قدم مملوك للقطاع الخاص.

Defendamos La Plata كان صريحًا بشكل خاص حول الحفاظ على تراث المدينة. يقول كاراكاشوف إن التطوير "خرج عن السيطرة تمامًا" منذ إدخال قانون البناء الجديد في عام 2010. في أبريل 2013 ، بعد ثلاث سنوات من الموافقة على قانون البناء الجديد ، تعرضت لابلاتا لفيضان مدمر أدى إلى سقوط عدد من القتلى التي ستصل في النهاية إلى 89 شخصًا. يؤكد مسؤولو المدينة أنه نظرًا للأمطار الغزيرة ، لم يكن من الممكن تجنب الكارثة. لكن Defendamos La Plata ويشعر آخرون أن التنمية غير المقيدة ، لا سيما في المركز التاريخي لابلاتا ، وضعت عبئًا غير ضروري على نظام الصرف الصحي في المدينة.

على الرغم من أن الوضع الضخم للكاتدرائية يجعل من غير المرجح أن تواجه الكرة المدمرة ، إلا أن موقعها ورؤيتها في جميع أنحاء المدينة قد يتعرضان للتهديد إذا تم استبدال التطورات السكنية الأصغر حولها بالمباني الشاهقة.


في أي مدينة يمكن بناء كاتدرائية؟ - تاريخ

كاتدرائية متروبوليتان لانتقال السيدة العذراء المقدّسة إلى السماء هي مقر أبرشية المكسيك الكاثوليكية. يقع على قمة منطقة الأزتك المقدسة السابقة بالقرب من Templo Mayor على الجانب الشمالي من Plaza de la Constitución (Zócalo) في وسط مدينة مكسيكو سيتي. تم بناء الكاتدرائية في أقسام من 1573 إلى 1813 حول الكنيسة الأصلية التي شُيدت بعد فترة وجيزة من الغزو الإسباني لتينوختيتلان ، واستبدلت بها بالكامل في النهاية. خطط المهندس المعماري الإسباني كلاوديو دي أرشينيغا للبناء ، مستوحى من الكاتدرائيات القوطية في إسبانيا.

نظرًا للوقت الطويل الذي استغرقه بناؤه ، أقل من 250 عامًا ، عمل جميع المهندسين المعماريين والرسامين والنحاتين وأساتذة التذهيب وغيرهم من الفنانين التشكيليين من نائب الملك في مرحلة ما في بناء العلبة. سمحت هذه الحالة نفسها ، وهي فترة بنائها الممتدة ، بدمج الأساليب المعمارية المختلفة التي كانت سارية ورائجة في تلك القرون: القوطية ، والباروكية ، والكوريجورية ، والنيوكلاسيكية ، وغيرها. شهدت نفس الحالة الحلي واللوحات والمنحوتات والأثاث المختلفة في الداخل.

كان تحقيقها يعني نقطة تماسك اجتماعي ، لأنها تضمنت نفس السلطات الكنسية ، والسلطات الحكومية ، والإخويات الدينية المختلفة مثل العديد من الأجيال من الفئات الاجتماعية من جميع الطبقات.

كما أنه نتيجة لتأثير الكنيسة الكاثوليكية على الحياة العامة ، تداخل المبنى مع أحداث ذات أهمية تاريخية لمجتمعات إسبانيا الجديدة والمكسيك المستقلة. على سبيل المثال لا الحصر ، هناك تتويج Agustín de Iturbide و Ana María Huarte كأباطرة للمكسيك من قبل رئيس الكونغرس للحفاظ على بقايا جنازة دفن الملك المذكور أعلاه حتى عام 1925 للعديد من أبطال الاستقلال مثل ميغيل هيدالغو كوستيلا وخوسيه ماريا موريلوس الخلافات بين الليبراليين والمحافظين بسبب فصل الكنيسة عن الدولة في الإصلاح وإغلاق المبنى في أيام حرب الكريسترو والاحتفالات بالذكرى المئوية الثانية للاستقلال ، من بين أمور أخرى.

الكاتدرائية تواجه الجنوب. القياسات التقريبية لهذه الكنيسة يبلغ عرضها 59 مترًا (194 قدمًا) وطولها 128 مترًا (420 قدمًا) وارتفاعها 67 مترًا (220 قدمًا) حتى طرف الأبراج. ويتكون من برجي جرس وقبة مركزية وثلاث بوابات رئيسية. لها أربع واجهات تحتوي على بوابات محاطة بأعمدة وتماثيل. يحتوي على خمسة بلاطات تتكون من 51 قبوًا و 74 قوسًا و 40 عمودًا. يحتوي برجا الجرس على 25 جرسًا. يحتوي المسكن المجاور للكاتدرائية على المعمودية ويعمل على تسجيل أبناء الرعية.

هناك خمسة مذابح كبيرة مزخرفة ، وخزانة ، وجوقة ، ومنطقة كورال ، وممر وغرفة كبيرة. أربعة عشر من الكاتدرائية & # 8217s ستة عشر كنيسة صغيرة مفتوحة للجمهور. كل كنيسة مخصصة لقديس أو قديسين مختلفين ، وكل واحدة كانت تحت رعاية نقابة دينية. تحتوي الكنائس على مذابح مزخرفة ، ومذابح ، و retablos ، ولوحات ، وأثاث ومنحوتات. الكاتدرائية هي موطن لاثنين من أكبر الأرغن في القرن الثامن عشر في الأمريكتين. يوجد سرداب أسفل الكاتدرائية يحتوي على رفات العديد من الأساقفة السابقين. تحتوي الكاتدرائية على ما يقرب من 150 نافذة.

على مر القرون ، تعرضت الكاتدرائية لأضرار. دمر حريق في عام 1967 جزءًا كبيرًا من الكاتدرائية وداخلها # 8217. كشفت أعمال الترميم التي تلت ذلك عن عدد من الوثائق والأعمال الفنية المهمة التي كانت مخفية في السابق. على الرغم من بناء أساس متين للكاتدرائية ، إلا أن التربة الطينية اللينة التي بنيت عليها كانت تشكل تهديدًا لسلامتها الهيكلية. تسبب انخفاض منسوب المياه الجوفية والغرق المتسارع في إضافة الهيكل إلى قائمة World Monuments Fund لأكثر 100 موقع معرض للخطر. أدت أعمال الترميم التي بدأت في التسعينيات إلى استقرار الكاتدرائية وتمت إزالتها من القائمة المهددة بالانقراض في عام 2000.

الخلفية: الكنيسة الكبرى
بعد الفتح الإسباني لإمبراطورية الأزتك ، وبعد عودة هيرنان كورتيس من استكشاف هندوراس الحالية ، قرر الفاتحون بناء كنيسة في المكان الذي كان يقع فيه المعبد الرئيسي لمدينة الأزتك في تينوختيتلان ، من بهذه الطريقة ، قم بتوطيد القوة الإسبانية على الأراضي المحتلة حديثًا. هناك أدلة على وجود معبد كبير كبير مخصص للإله Quetzalcoatl ، ومعبد مخصص للإله Huitzilopochtli ومباني ثانوية أخرى.

كان المهندس المعماري مارتين دي سيبولفيدا أول مدير للمشروع بين عامي 1524 و 1532 ، بينما كان خوان دي زوماراغا أول أسقف للمقر الأسقفي في العالم الجديد. كانت كاتدرائية Zumárraga في الجزء الشمالي الشرقي من الكاتدرائية الحالية. كان يحتوي على ثلاث بلاطات مفصولة بأعمدة توسكان ، والسقف المركزي يحتوي على نقوش معقدة من صنع خوان سالسيدو إسبينوزا والذهب من قبل فرانسيسكو دي زومايا وأندريس دي لا كونشا. ربما كان الباب الرئيسي على طراز عصر النهضة. تضم الجوقة 48 مقعدًا صنعها يدويًا Adrián Suster و Juan Montaño من خشبayacahuite. في البناء ، استخدموا حجارة المعبد المدمر للإله Huitzilopochtli ، إله الحرب والإله الرئيسي للأزتيك.

على الرغم من كل شيء ، سرعان ما اعتبر هذا المعبد غير كافٍ للأهمية المتزايدة لعاصمة نائب الملك في إسبانيا الجديدة. تم رفع هذه الكنيسة الأولى إلى كاتدرائية من قبل الملك كارلوس الأول ملك إسبانيا والبابا كليمنت السابع وفقًا لبولا في 9 سبتمبر 1534 وبعد ذلك المتروبوليتان المعين من قبل بول الثالث في عام 1547.

هذه الكنيسة الصغيرة الفقيرة ، التي شوهها كل المؤرخين الذين اعتبروها لا تستحق مثل هذه المدينة الكبيرة والشهيرة ، جعلت خدماتها سيئة لسنوات عديدة. سرعان ما صدر أمر ببناء معبد جديد ، يتناسب مع عظمة المستعمرة. تضيق سفنها الاحتفالات الفخمة لنواب الملك وفقط عندما تكون الحقيقة التي دفعتهم ذات أهمية كبيرة ، سيتم اختيار كنيسة أخرى ، مثل كنيسة سان فرانسيسكو ، لرفع تل الدفن لجنازة كارلوس الخامس في كنيسة صغيرة ضخمة من سان خوسيه دي لوس إنديوس.

بالنظر إلى أن اختتام الكنيسة الجديدة كان طويلاً ، كان مصنعها قد بدأ ، في عام 1584 تقرر إصلاح الكاتدرائية القديمة بالكامل ، والتي ستكون بلا شك أقل من خراب ، للاحتفال بالمجلس المكسيكي الثالث.

كانت الكنيسة أكثر بقليل من واجهة الكاتدرائية الجديدة ، ولم يصل عرض سفنها الثلاث إلى 30 مترًا وكانت مسقوفة ، والوسطى بدرع نصف مقص ، وتلك الموجودة على الجوانب مع عوارض أفقية. بالإضافة إلى باب الغفران ، كانت هناك دعوة أخرى من الشرائع ، وربما تركت دعوة ثالثة إلى مكان الماركيز. بعد سنوات ، كانت الكاتدرائية صغيرة بالنسبة لوظيفتها. في عام 1544 ، كانت السلطات الكنسية قد أمرت بالفعل ببناء كاتدرائية جديدة وأكثر فخامة.

بداية العمل
تتبع جميع الكاتدرائيات الأمريكية تقريبًا في عصر النهضة الأول نموذج جيان ، الذي وضع حجره الأول في عام 1540. مستطيل الشكل ، وعلى الأكثر مع كنيسة أوشافادا ، كاتدرائيات المكسيك ، بويبلا. (& # 8230) كان مستوحى بشكل أساسي من كاتدرائية جيان عام 1540 ، بخطة مستطيلة ورأس مسطح ، على الرغم من أنه من المحتمل أيضًا أن يغريه نموذج بلد الوليد هيريرا ، العلاقة بين كاتدرائية بلد الوليد ، المتوقعة في عام 1580 ، مع الكاتدرائيات الأمريكية لم يتم أخذها في الاعتبار بشكل كاف.
مقتبس من "الفن الأمريكي اللاتيني" (1988).

في عام 1552 ، تم التوصل إلى اتفاق يتم بموجبه تقاسم تكلفة الكاتدرائية الجديدة من قبل التاج الإسباني والقادة والهنود تحت السلطة المباشرة لرئيس أساقفة إسبانيا الجديدة. بدأت الخطط الأولية لتأسيس الكاتدرائية الجديدة في عام 1562 ، ضمن مشروع بناء العمل ، كان رئيس الأساقفة آنذاك ألونسو دي مونتيفار قد اقترح بناءًا ضخمًا يتكون من سبع سفن ويستند إلى تصميم كاتدرائية إشبيلية مشروع ، على حد تعبير مونتيفار نفسه ، سيستغرق 10 أو 12 عامًا. يتطلب وزن عمل بهذا الحجم في باطن التربة من أصل مستنقعي أساسًا خاصًا. في البداية تم وضع الحزم المتقاطعة لبناء منصة ، وهو أمر يتطلب تكاليف عالية واستنزافًا مستمرًا ، وفي النهاية سيتم التخلي عن المشروع المذكور ليس فقط بسبب التكلفة المذكورة أعلاه ، ولكن بسبب الفيضانات التي عانى منها وسط المدينة. ومن ثم ، بدعم من التقنيات المحلية ، يتم حقن أكوام الخشب الصلب بعمق كبير ، حوالي عشرين ألفًا من هذه الأكوام في مساحة ستة آلاف متر مربع. تم تقليص المشروع من السفن السبع الأصلية إلى خمس سفن فقط: واحدة مركزية ، واثنتان عمليتان ، واثنتان جانبيتان للكنائس البالغ عددها 16. بدأ البناء بالتصاميم والنماذج التي أنشأها كلاوديو دي أرشينيغا وخوان ميغيل دي أجويرو ، المستوحاة من الكاتدرائيات الإسبانية في جيان وبلاد الوليد.

في عام 1571 ، مع بعض التأخير ، وضع نائب الملك مارتين إنريكيز دي ألمانسا ورئيس الأساقفة بيدرو مويا دي كونتريراس الحجر الأول للمعبد الحالي. بدأ بناء الكاتدرائية في عام 1573 حول الكنيسة الموجودة التي هُدمت عندما تقدمت الأعمال بما يكفي لإيواء الوظائف الأساسية للمعبد.

بدأ العمل باتجاه الشمال والجنوب ، على عكس الاتجاه السائد في معظم الكاتدرائيات ، ويرجع ذلك إلى حفر باطن الأرض التي من شأنها أن تؤثر على المبنى بالاتجاه التقليدي الشرقي الغربي. أولاً ، تم بناء غرفة الفصل والخزانة وبناء الأقبية واستغرق بناء السفن مائة عام.

تطوير البناء
تم العثور على بداية الأعمال في منطقة موحلة وغير مستقرة مما أدى إلى تعقيد الأعمال ، ونتيجة لذلك ، تم تفضيل حجر tezontle و chiluca كمواد بناء في عدة مناطق ، في المحجر ، كونهما أخف وزناً. في عام 1581 ، بدأ تشييد الجدران ، وفي عام 1585 بدأ العمل في الكنيسة الأولى ، وفي ذلك الوقت كانت أسماء القائمين بالحجارة الذين عملوا في العمل: خوان أرتياغا عمل في المصليات ومغلفات هيرنان غارسيا دي فيلافيردي ، الذي كان أيضًا عمل على الأعمدة التي نحت مارتين كاسياس نصفها. في عام 1615 وصلت الجدران إلى نصف ارتفاعها الإجمالي. بدأت الأعمال الداخلية في عام 1623 لخزانة الكنيسة ، حيث تم هدم الكنيسة البدائية. في الحادي والعشرين من سبتمبر عام 1629 ، توقفت الأعمال بسبب الفيضانات التي اجتاحت المدينة ، حيث وصل ارتفاع المياه إلى مترين ، مما تسبب في إلحاق الضرر بما يعرف الآن بساحة الدستور وأجزاء أخرى من المدينة. بسبب الأضرار ، بدأ مشروع لبناء الكاتدرائية الجديدة في تلال تاكوبايا ، غرب المدينة ولكن تم تجاهل الفكرة واستمر المشروع في نفس الموقع ، تحت إشراف خوان جوميز دي تراسمونت.

قام رئيس الأساقفة ماركوس راميريز دي برادو إي أوفاندو بالتكريس الثاني في 22 ديسمبر 1667 ، وهو العام الذي تم فيه إغلاق القبو الأخير. في تاريخ التكريس (كانت تفتقر في ذلك الوقت لأبراج الجرس والواجهة الرئيسية وعناصر أخرى بنيت في القرن الثامن عشر) ، كانت تكلفة ما تم بناؤه تعادل 1759000 بيزو. تم تغطية هذه التكلفة إلى حد كبير من قبل ملوك إسبانيا فيليب الثاني وفيليبي الثالث وفيليبي الرابع وكارلوس الثاني. ستضاف ملاحق المركز المركزي للمبنى على مر السنين كلية اللاهوت ومصلى الأنيماس ومباني الخيمة وكوريا.

في عام 1675 ، تم الانتهاء من الجزء المركزي من الواجهة الرئيسية ، وعمل المهندس المعماري كريستوبال دي ميدينا فارغاس ، والذي تضمن شخصية صعود ماري ، وهو الاحتجاج الذي كرست له الكاتدرائية ، ومنحوتات سانتياغو إل مايور وسان. أندريس حراسة. خلال الفترة المتبقية من القرن السابع عشر ، تم بناء أول هيكل للبرج الشرقي ، من قبل المهندسين المعماريين خوان لوزانو وخوان سيرانو. The main cover of the building and those of the east side were built in 1688 and that of the west in 1689. The six buttresses that support the structure by the side of its main facade and the botareles that support the vaults of the main nave were completed. During the eighteenth century little was done to advance in the term of the construction of the Cathedral largely because, already concluded inside and useful for all the ceremonies that were offered, there was no urgent need to continue working on what was missing.

Although the work had been suspended in fact, some works inside continued by 1737 he was a major teacher Domingo de Arrieta. He made, in the company of José Eduardo de Herrera, architecture teacher, the stands surrounding the choir. In 1742 Manuel de Álvarez, architecture teacher, ruled with the same Herrera about the presbytery project presented by Jerónimo de Balbás.

In 1752, on September 17, a cross of iron was placed on the crown of the dome of this Church, of more than three rods, with its weather vane, engraved on either side of the Sanctus Deus prayer, and in the middle of it an oval of a quarter, in which Agnus wax with its stained glass window was placed on the one hand and on the other side a sheet in which Mrs. Santa Prisca, a lawyer for lightning, was sculpted. The spike of this cross is of two rods and all its weight of fourteen arrobas he stuck himself in a stone base.

In 1787, the architect José Damián Ortiz de Castro was appointed, after a contest in which the projects of José Joaquín de Torres and Isidro Vicente de Balbás were imposed, to direct the construction works of the bell towers, the main facade and the Dome. For the construction of the towers, the Mexican architect Ortiz de Castro designed a project to make them effective against earthquakes a second body that seems openwork and a bell-shaped auction. His direction in the project continued until his death in 1793. Moment in which he was replaced by Manuel Tolsá, architect and sculptor driving the Neoclassical, who arrived in the country in 1791. Tolsa is responsible for completing the work of the cathedral. Rebuild the dome that was low and disproportionate, design a project that consists of opening a larger ring on which builds a circular platform, to raise a much higher lantern from there. Integra the flames, statues and balustrades. Crown the facade with figures that symbolize the three theological virtues (Faith, hope and charity).

The cathedral in independent Mexico
Once the independence of Mexico was concluded, the cathedral was soon the scene of important chapters in the history of the new country. Being the main religious center and seat of ecclesiastical power, it was part of different events that involved the public life of independent Mexico.

The 21 of July of 1822 the coronation ceremony was held Agustin de Iturbide as Emperor of Mexico. Early twenty-four canyons sounded, balconies were adorned and the facades of public buildings were adorned, as well as atriums and church portals. Two thrones were placed in the cathedral, the main one next to the presbyter and the minor one near the choir. Shortly before nine o’clock in the morning, the members of Congress and the City Council occupied their destined places. Troops of cavalry and infantry made fence to the future emperor and his entourage. Three bishops officiated mass. The president of the Congress, Rafael Mangino, was in charge of placing the crown on Agustín I, then the emperor himself wrapped the crown to the empress. Other badges were imposed on the newly crowned by generals and bridesmaids, Bishop Juan Cruz Ruiz de Cabañas y Crespo exclaimed Vivat Imperator in aeternum! “Long live the emperor and the empress!” After the ceremony, the ringing of the bells and the crash of the cannons informed the people that the coronation had been accomplished.

In 1825 the heads of Miguel Hidalgo, Ignacio Allende, Juan Aldama and Mariano Jiménez, rescued and sheltered after having hung in front of the Alhóndiga de Granaditas in Guanajuato, were transferred from the Parish of Santo Domingo to the Metropolitan Cathedral in a solemn procession. The march of the skulls protected in an urn covered with black velvet was accompanied by the ringing of the bells, the voices of the Cabildo Choir and the brotherhoods that were then responsible for the chapels of the Cathedral. Months before, those same skulls hung in front of the Alhondiga and now the archbishopPedro José de Fonte and Hernández Miravete gave authorization that the Jubilee Gate of the enclosure be opened wide to receive the so-called ‘heroes’ of Independence.

The remains of José María Morelos, Francisco Javier Mina, Mariano Matamoros and Hermenegildo Galeana were also received. The remains were placed in the Crypt of the Archbishops and Viceroys and at that time it was written: “To the honorable remains of the magnanimous and impertérritos caudillos, parents of Mexican freedom, and victims of perfidy and nepotism, the crying homeland and grateful erected this public monument ”.

However, there they did not stay long around 1885, by orders of then President Porfirio Díaz Mori, the remains were taken from the Cathedral and then, again, were taken in procession to the cathedral grounds, but this time, the procession was headed by the President of the Republic, City Hall Ministers and Secretaries, civil authorities, popular organizations, Mexican flags and lay banners that reflected the character of the time. Once again, the Jubilee Gate saw the heroes of the Fatherland parade, although this time without Morelos.

Then they were placed in the Chapel of San José, and there they were about forty years until in 1925 they left the Cathedral to be placed at the base of the Column of the Angel of Independence on Paseo de la Reforma. The Mexican government did not take the body, however, of Agustín de Iturbide, who remains in the Chapel of San Felipe de Jesús.

Being Archbishop of Mexico José Lázaro de la Garza y Ballesteros, he pronounced against the Reform Laws contained in the Constitution of 1857. In March 1857, he declared during a sermon that the new laws were “hostile to the Church.” On April 17, he sent a circular to all the priests of his diocese “preventing the faithful who had sworn the constitution from being acquitted without prior public retraction.” His position was heard by many employees who refused to swear the Magna Carta, who were dismissed from their posts by the Mexican government. In different parts of the country, different pronouncements and armed uprisings were carried out under the cry of “Religion and fueros”.

Consequently, Mexican society was divided into two factions. The liberals who supported the reforms to the Constitution and the conservatives who detracted it by supporting the clergy. The War of Reform broke out in the Mexican territory, establishing two governments. On the one hand the Constitutional in charge of Benito Juárez and promulgated by a Board of the Conservative Party under the command of Félix María Zuloaga. The 23 of January of 1858 the Conservative government was formally established, the liberal government had to escape from the capital. The Archbishop officiated a mass in the Cathedral and to celebrate the event theTe deum. On February 12, De la Garza sent a letter to the interim president Zuloaga to congratulate his government officially and give him his support.

During much of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, a number of different factors influenced a partial loss of his artistic heritage The natural deterioration of time was added, the generational changes in taste, fires, thefts, but also the lack of a regulatory framework and an awareness for the conservation of the property and its properties, of course, both by the authorities ecclesiastical as governmental. In this way both entities made use of artistic treasures to solve the consequences of political and economic instability in the country. For example, silver lamps and music stands, as well as gold vessels and other jewels were melted to finance the wars of the mid-19th century. The change in artistic fashion also influenced when the main altar of the 17th century was replaced with aBaroque cypress in the 18th century made by Jerónimo de Balbás which was replaced by Lorenzo de la Hidalga’s neoclassical style and removed to improve the visibility of the Altar of the Kings in 1943.

The December to June of 1864 was part of the lavish reception in Mexico City of the emperors Maximilian of Hapsburg and Carlota Amalia, who attended a Mass of thanksgiving in the building that day.

As part of the series of events that led to the unleashing of the Cristero War, on February 4, 1926, a protest was published in the newspaper El Universal declared by Archbishop José Mora y del Río nine years earlier against the new Constitution, but the note was presented as new news, that is, as if it were a recent statement. On the orders of President Calles – who considered the declaration a challenge to the Government – Mora y del Río was consigned to the Attorney General’s Officeand stopped several temples were closed, among them the same Cathedral and the foreign priests were expelled. Constitutional article 130 was regulated as the Law of Cults (better known as the Streets Law ), religious schools were closed and the number of priests was limited so that only one officiated for every six thousand inhabitants. On June 21, 1929, during the presidency of Emilio Portes Gil, the Church and the Government signed the arrangements that put an end to the hostilities in the Mexican territory, with which the premises were reopened.

The 26 of January of 1979 received for the first time in history the visit, a high priest of the Catholic Church, the Pope John Paul II, who in the midst of a rally, offered a historic mass in which would give one of his you celebrate phrases: Mexico always faithful! be until the 13 of February of 2016 that would succeed another visit by a maximum Catholic leader, when Pope Francis attended a meeting with all the bishops of the dioceses of Mexico.

The night of the 15 of September of 2010 was one of the main scenes of the celebrations of the bicentennial a multimedia show of images and sound projected on its main facade, accompanied by fireworks, was the closing of the main events in the capital Zócalo.

1967 fire
On January 17, 1967, a short circuit generated a major fire in the cathedral. On the altar of forgiveness, part of the structure and decoration was lost, as well as the paintings La Santa Faz by Alonso López de Herrera, El Martirio de San Sebastián by Francisco de Zumaya and La Virgen del Perdón by Simon Pereyns. In the choir, 75 of his 99 seats, a painting by Juan Correa and many books that were in it were lost. The two organs of the cathedral were very damaged by partially melting their tubes. In other parts of the cathedral, outstanding paintings by Rafael Ximeno y Planes, Juan Correa andJuan Rodriguez Juarez. Four years after the fire, in 1972, the restoration works of the cathedral began, to restore its original appearance.

The altars of forgiveness and kings were cleansed and restored. In the Altar of Forgiveness, several paintings were added that replaced the burned ones, The Escape from Egypt, The Divine Face and The Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian, all works by Pereyns. In addition, 51 paintings were found, works by Nicolás and Juan Rodríguez Juárez, Miguel Cabrera and José de Ibarra, hidden behind the altar. The organs were dismantled and sent to the Netherlands where they were repaired in a process that lasted until 1977. Inside one of the bodies was found a copy of 1529 of the appointment of Hernán Cortés as governor of New Spain. The choir was rebuilt in 1979. Outside, some of the statues were repaired or replaced by replicas due to the damage they presented to the contamination. On the wall of the central arch of the cathedral he was found the tomb of President Miguel Barragan.

Restoration
The construction of the cathedral on unstable ground led to problems since the beginning of the works. The cathedral, along with the rest of the city, sinks into the lake bed since the beginning of its construction. This process accelerated due to the overexploitation of underground aquifers by the huge population that lives there. This fact caused the sinking to different rhythms in different sections of the cathedral, thus, the bell towers, presented a dangerous inclination in the 1970s. In 1990, work began to stabilize the cathedral, although it was built on a solid base, This was located in turn on a soft clay soil that was a threat to its structural integrity, since a subsidence was suffered on the lower water tables, causing damage to the structure. Therefore, the cathedral was included in the World Monuments Fund as one of the hundred sites at greatest risk. After the stabilization and completion of the works, the cathedral was removed from that list in 2000. Between 1993 and 1998, work was carried out that helped stabilize the building. Wells were excavated under the cathedral and concrete shafts were placed that provided a stronger base for the building. This did not stop the sinking but it does ensure that it is uniform. In addition, the inclination of the towers was corrected.

Along with the structural rescue of the building, remodeling, conditioning and rescue work was also initiated inside the architectural complex, with the Altar de los Reyes standing out, which was carried out in collaboration with the government of Spain.

Manuel Tolsá
Manuel Tolsá y Sarrión, was born in Enguera, Valencia, on May 4, 1757. He was a well-known Spanish architect and sculptor, active in New Spain (today Mexico) between 1791 and 1825, where he served as Director of Sculpture of the Academy from San Carlos.

He studied in Valencia at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Carlos and at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando in Madrid. He was a disciple of Ribelles, Gascó and Gilabert in architecture. He was a sculptor of the king’s chamber, minister of the Board of Commerce, Currency and Mines and academic in San Fernando. He arrived in New Spain in 1791 with books, work instruments and copies of classical sculptures of the Vatican Museum. He married nuptials with María Luisa de Sanz Téllez Girón and Espinosa in the port of Veracruz.

Upon arrival, the city council commissioned him to supervise the drainage and water supply works of Mexico City and the reforestation of the Alameda Central. For these services he received no compensation. Then he dedicated himself to the different artistic and civil works for which he remembers. In addition, he made furniture, melted cannons, opened a bathhouse and a car factory and installed a ceramic oven. He died from a gastric ulcer, in Las Lagunas, Oaxaca, on December 25, 1816. He was buried in the pantheon of the Oaxaca temple.

Works by Manuel Tolsá in Mexico

Conclusion of the works of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Mexico City.
Palace of Mining.
Equestrian statue of Carlos IV “El Caballito”.
Former Palace of Buenavista (now the National Museum of San Carlos).
Palace of the Marquis del Apartado. In front of the main temple.
Main altar of the Cathedral of Puebla
Main altar of the church of Santo Domingo.
Main altar of the church of La Profesa.
Altar of the Immaculate Conception in the church of La Profesa.
Bust of Hernán Cortés at the Hospital de Jesús.
Bronze Christs found in the Morelia Cathedral.
Projection of the fourth stage (neoclassical) of the Loreto church.
Hospicio Cabañas plans in Guadalajara.
Marquise de Selva Nevada cell in the former convent of Regina Porta Coeli. Today owned by the University of the Cloister of Sor Juana.

Tolsá has as a seal, the placement of balustrades at the end of the buildings where he worked.

The Cathedral of Mexico and Tolsá
Seat and chair of the bishop, the Cathedral is one of the most important buildings in sociological terms since it represents religious authority in New Spain, and one of the main reasons to justify the conquest of the country. On the other hand, it shows the temporary wealth of the clergy throughout the colonial era.

The primitive Cathedral was in the southwest corner of the current atrium. It was small, simple, with a wooden structure. Cortés laid the first stone. But the current Cathedral is the work of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, mainly, but also the fourteenth. All the styles of the Colony are reflected in this work. Infinite architects, important and mediocre, intervened in his works (with the fire of January 1967, this intervention has been prolonged). Some advocated contemporary restoration – modifying some elements – and others wanted the identical restitution of the choir, stalls and damaged parts. The latter was what was done.

The Cathedral is huge: it is more than 100 meters long and 60 meters wide, the towers reach the height of 64 meters. It has five naves: the two lateral ones, with terraced altars, in which mass is celebrated, and the two processional ones, around the central one, closed by the huge choir, with an altar in the transept that was covered by the baroque cypress churrigueresque of Gerónimo de Balbas, already destroyed, and later of the neoclassical cypress of the architect Lorenzo de la Hidalga, of magnificent invoice, in spite of what the critics say, also destroyed, without any fuss of the clergy and historians.

The Veracruz architect Damián Ortiz de Castro was the major master of the works upon the arrival of Tolsá in Mexico. This architect had finished the very original and well-proportioned towers, the dome drum and various interior works.

When Ortiz de Castro died, he inherited the title and position of Don Manuel Tolsá in 1793, that is, three years after his arrival in Mexico. Fact that confirms the importance at that time of being peninsular Spanish, regardless of the desires of our artist.

Tolsá receives the Cathedral in its last stage of construction, and finishes it splendidly. It gives the work “an aspect of something complete, complete,” says Manuel Toussaint.

The Valencian architect, with great talent, realizes the state of the work, its diversity of styles and the relatively ungrateful problem of intervening in something almost finished. But it demonstrates here its enormous power of observation and its spatial understanding, since the body is solid, and it would be heavy if it were not for the great width of the church. On the other hand, the huge towers almost “eat” the whole. It was therefore necessary to underline the entry, especially that the work is symmetrical in its forms.

On the main facade it places a huge volume so that it reaches the height of the starting of the towers, and with it it manages to give unity to the main facade towards the Zócalo, as well as to remove rigidity when crowning it with three large sculptures and perfect proportion with the set, given the great height of the clock, after calculating the points from where they look. This is pure baroque.

In addition, it unifies facades, towers and buttresses by means of the unifying harmonic theme of the balustrades, which is repeated at the top, length and width of the entire Cathedral. The buttresses have inverted brackets that link the lower and middle part of the Cathedral. In the towers he continues to repeat his spatial theme: the balustrades and walls that support the florons to insist even more on the importance of the balustrade, but also underline the supporting structure.

These flowers show their respect for the previous structure, and not as we have wanted to see, something ostentatious or simply ornamental the positive thing is that it underlines the structural rhythm and gives relevance to the balustrades, which serve – as everyone recognizes – to grant unity to the group in which many architects had intervened during two hundred years of work.

The dome will be its great auction, since when raising the volume of the clock it was hidden and the clarity of the party was hidden or obscured: a T-shaped Latin cross plant, that is to say as the Christian cross, which has a greater arm than The one who crosses it.

The drum and dome projected by Damián Ortiz de Castro were correct, but with the increase of the clock, Tolsá warns that it is necessary to give the dome greater relevance: it is attached in stone half pilasters and frames the windows with Ionic columns that ends with very prominent pediments. With this he manages to give breadth to the dome, which seen from afar looks like a magnificent crown of the temple.

We would like to add that the recent stained glass windows by sculptor Mathias Goeritz in the windows of the Cathedral are excellent, in color and shape, and perhaps they should continue in the lantern.

The sculptures of the clock are works by Manuel Tolsá, perfectly proportioned to the architecture and with a very good baroque invoice.

In all the work the Tolsá baroque championship advances and setbacks of space, be pediments and columns of the dome Be it your ornamentation: the delightful repetition of flowers and boards is enriched with bulk sculptures and floral motifs.

Manuel Toussaint
He was born in Puebla on May 29, 1890. When he had just folded the cape, blue and gold, of the good hope that they are 30 years old, he was already learned in several disciplines He had since then a vague, an indefinable sadness. His joys were like mist-shrouded, slight evening haze.

Manuel Toussaint is a gentleman of good and chosen garments rested, calm and in all extended its softness. He preferred accuracy more than broken or tortuous lines He was a friend of the clear and simple, of sober wealth. It was a neoclassical spirit. But although seated and of judgment, he had a restless and boisterous understanding and thus has an emotion wave before things, he embedded in them the heart and later described them with ideality, with delicate love.

Of great intellectual activity, there were no lazy breaks, but always he was busy between manuscripts and books and stirring ideas I was already daily with the pen on paper composing essays, or stories, or serious studies of history and this is how the ingenuity was polished by the exercise and became one of our avant-garde writers. He knew how to put his restlessness between the dust and the moths of mamotretos and infolios from where he was taking with exquisite tino kind and beautiful things. In his hands the document loses its curial coldness and makes it enjoyable.

The generous task of going through those peoples of God, diverted from all dealings and commerce with the big cities, and having such beautiful names as if they belonged to the spiritual geography of an artist writer was given for years villages that seem to be out of time, in which life was stopped, as full of stupor, in the midst of the lights of the century, looking only towards the past with a long talk of nostalgia. And after these wanderings, he counts on a clean and flexible prose, of the abandoned churches, of the illustrious sanctuaries, of the great colonial mansions, of the convents in which humble servants of God and tall men lived, of the hermitages, humiliators and reposorios, of the old paintings that already put their colors in the transparent darkness of the patinas,

It should be noted that Toussaint in 1934 founded the Art Laboratory of the UNAM, later called the Institute of Aesthetic Research (IIE). He is the author of a magnificent and huge volume on a large folio, preciously illustrated, which contains the entire history of our great Cathedral, from the time he laid his first fundamental stone until Tolsá ended it, with all its ornaments and the splendor of its numerous riches Fruit of its fruitful runs through Europe lands, is another volume, hallucinated trips, of value for the very pleasant that they enclose between their pages. He wrote with great knowledge, the history of painting in Mexico, a beautiful book with beautiful graphic information. It unravels an infinite number of problems that had remained insoluble until Manuel Toussaint laid hands on them with great scholarship and talent.

Cathedral chapel masters during the viceroyalty
During the entire viceregal period the cathedral had an intense and brilliant musical activity organized by its corresponding chapel masters. These had the obligation not only to organize the ecclesiastical musical life of the cathedral for all major festivities, but also to instruct the corresponding musicians, compose the necessary musical works and organize the musical archives. The result of this constant activity is a delicious musical archive that competes in America with the splendid musical archive of the cathedral of Puebla, that of the Basilica of Guadalupe or the musical archives preserved in Cuzco or Chuquisaca. None of all these music files has been thoroughly studied and most of that music remains unpublished. Unfortunately, there is no contemporary attempt to continue the musical tradition of the Latin American cathedrals by playing the preserved collection or hiring composers who write new works. The chapel masters of the cathedral of Mexico of which works are mostly preserved in the cathedral archive were:

Juan Xuárez (1538-1556)
Lázaro del Álamo (1556-1570)
Juan de Victoria (1570-575)
Hernando Franco (1575-1585)
Juan Hernández (1586-1618)
Antonio Rodríguez de Mata (1619-1648)
Fabian Ximeno (1648-1654)
Francisco López y Capillas (1654-1673)
Hyacinth of the Vega Francisco Ponce (1673-h. 1676)
Joseph de Loaysa and Agurto (h. 1676-1688)
Antonio de Salazar (1688-1715)
Manuel de Sumaya (1715-1739)
Domingo Dutra and Andrade (1741-1750)
Ignatius of Jerusalem and Stella (1750-1769)
Mateo Tollis della Rocca (1769-1780)
Martín Bernárdez Rivera (1781-1791)
Antonio de Juanas (1791-1814)
Vicente Gómez Matheo Manterola (1815-1818?)
José María Bustamante and Eduardo Campuzano (1818-1821?)
José Mariano Elízaga (1822)

The musical archive of the cathedral of Mexico is one of the largest in America It has a collection of more than 5000 works, covering from the sixteenth to the twentieth century, in various formats such as choir books, religious music, profane and musical treatises.


Washington National Cathedral

سيراجع محررونا ما قدمته ويحددون ما إذا كان ينبغي مراجعة المقالة أم لا.

Washington National Cathedral، وتسمى أيضا Washington Cathedral, officially Cathedral Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, in Washington, D.C., Episcopal cathedral chartered by the U.S. Congress in 1893 and established on Mount St. Alban (the highest point in the city) in 1907. Its cornerstone was laid by President Theodore Roosevelt. Although construction slowed during periods of economic hardship and stopped altogether during 1977–80, the building was completed in 1990.

Designed and constructed in the 14th-century English Gothic style, the edifice was also built without the use of steel support in a centuries-old manner—using artists, sculptors, and stone masons. Radiant heating in the stone floor is one of its few concessions to modernity. The cathedral is built in the shape of a cross, its length extending some 530 feet (160 metres), and can seat about 4,000 in the United States it is second in size only to New York City’s Cathedral of St. John the Divine (still uncompleted).

This article was most recently revised and updated by Amy Tikkanen, Corrections Manager.


تاريخنا

San Fernando Cathedral has always been at the center of San Antonio. It is a special place that occupies a unique position in this city and for the many visitors who come by the thousands every year.

San Fernando Cathedral was founded on March 9, 1731 by a group of 15 families who came from the Canary Islands at the invitation of King Phillip V of Spain and is the oldest, continuously functioning religious community in the State of Texas. This church was planned to be at the center of the life of this city. The Cathedral building has the added distinction of being the oldest standing church building in Texas, and for all of its more than 281 years, has been serving the people of the Archdiocese and San Antonio. For almost 95 years, San Fernando served as the church for all of the religious denominations of San Antonio as the Catholic Church was the only recognized religion of the Spanish and Mexican governments prior to Texas' independence. San Fernando has become more than the geographic center it has become an ecumenical, cultural, civic, and service center of unity and harmony for all the God-loving people of San Antonio and beyond. San Fernando serves as a refuge for many of the poor in this area who come for help and trust their needs will be met. As the first church in the city, San Fernando has a rich history of responding to the people's needs in and around the church.

Over 5,000 participate at weekend Masses each week of the year. Over 900 baptisms, 100 weddings, 100 funerals, and countless other services are performed each year. Symphonies, concerts, and television specials are but a few of the special events held in the cathedral regularly. Hundreds of people enter the church daily to pray, visit, light a candle, or follow various devotional traditions. Tour buses arrive constantly. Each person is a part of the story of this magnificent place and a tribute to its enduring presence as the spiritual center of San Antonio.


The Year of Calamity

A fire on March 21, 1788, started when a candle ignited the lace draperies of an altar in the home of the military treasurer of the colony, Vincente Jose Nunez, on Chartres Street. Among the buildings burned to the ground were the Church of St. Louis, the priests' residence, and the Casa Principal, which housed the Cabildo.

In a letter written on March 28, 1788, Father Antonio de Sedella (Pere Antoine), who was pastor of the church, described the rapidity with which the fire made headway. He wrote that he had sent some of the church records to the home of the tobacco director, "distant from the Presbytere about two rifle shots," but they were lost when that house caught fire.

Nearly a year elapsed before the charred remains of the church were cleared away and construction of a new church began in early 1789. More than five years were to pass before the new church was completed in December, 1794.

The second Church of St. Louis was the gift of the wealthy Don Andres Almonester y Roxas, a native of Andalusia who had acquired numerous properties since his arrival in New Orleans in the wake of Governor Alejandro O'Reilly.

As Louisiana and the Floridas had been created a diocese in 1793, and Luis Pefialver y Cardenas appointed first bishop with New Orleans as his See city, the new church was dedicated as a Cathedral and put into service on Christmas Eve, 1794.

Shortly before the completion of the Cathedral, on April 25, 1793, the diocese of Louisiana and the Floridas was created by Pope Pius VI. Don Luis Ignacio Maria de Pefialver y Cardenas of Havana was appointed the first bishop.

He arrived in state in New Orleans in July, 1795 to take formal possession of his See and begin his episcopal duties.

In 1819 a New Orleans clockmaker, Jean Delachaux, was authorized by the trustees to obtain a suitable clock to be placed in the facade of the Cathedral.

As this was a project of general civic interest, the City Council agreed to the expense of buying the clock and its bell and also to share in the cost of erecting a central tower to house them. Delachaux brought the clock and bell with him from Paris and Latrobe records in his journal an incident which occurred when he was about to place the clock's bell in the tower:

This bell, which still rings out the hours from above the church's clock, is inscribed in French: Braves Louisianais, cette cloche dont le nom est Victoire a été fondue en mémoire de la glorieuse journée du 8 Janvier 1815. [Brave people of Louisiana, this clock, whose name is Victory, was cast in memory of the glorious 8 th of January, 1815]

Surmounting both inscriptions are American eagles and at the bottom of the bell an inscription reads: Fondue a Paris pour M. Jn. Delachaux de Nouvelle Orleans. [Cast in Paris for Mr. John Delachaux of New Orleans.]

The central tower, which added grace and dignity to the Cathedral, was one of Latrobe's last projects, for he died in New Orleans of yellow fever on September 3,1820, before it was completed.

In 1829 an organ was imported and in 1825 Francisco Zapari, an Italian painter, was employed at a fee of $1,855 to decorate the interior of the church and its three altars.

On January 22, 1829, the well-beloved Pere Antoine was laid to rest in the church after a funeral service which was one of the largest ever seen in the city. For more than 40 years, this remarkable Capuchin priest had labored in New Orleans he had been pastor of the Cathedral from 1785 to 1790 and again from 1795 to the time of his death at the age of 81. For three days after his passing, the body of Pere Antoine was laid out in the Cathedral rectory and thousands came to pay homage. On the day of the funeral, the firing of a cannon announced the beginning of the ceremonies. The coffin was carried on the shoulders of four young men who were surrounded by eight honorary pallbearers, all friends of the deceased.

On January 8, 1840, Andrew Jackson returned to the scene of his triumph against the British twenty-five years earlier. He went to the St. Louis Cathedral where an oration was given in his honor. After this ceremony, he conducted a military review in the Place d'Armes.

After a week of continual entertainment, Jackson returned to the Place d'Armes on January 14 to lay the cornerstone of the monument which the square today. There was the usual parade and a large crowd to watch the proceedings.
Bishop Antoine Blanc, in full pontifical, received the General.

Another joyful occasion in which the Cathedral played a part was the visit in December, 1847, of a hero of the Mexican War, Zachary Taylor, whose victory at Monterey would send him to the White House. After the service, the crowds cheered with joy as the old General rode his battle horse, Old Whitey, through the city to the St. Charles Hotel.

De Poulily's drawing of the facade of the new St. Louis Cathedral. This elevation was designed In July 1847 and became part of the contract with the trustees, March 1849. Design was later slightly modified. (N.O. Notarial Archives)

In 1844, the Baroness Pontalba, through her New Orleans agents, presented to the Council for the First Municipality a project to construct a two-story arcaded facade in front of the old buildings bordering both sides of the Place d'Armes, buildings she had inherited from her father, Don Andres Almonester. Two years later, this remarkable woman again submitted and had approved by the Council elaborate plans, prepared under her personal supervision, which called for remodeling her buildings with arcades similar to those of the Cabildo and Presbytere, and also for extensive improvements to the square itself, to create a bit of Paris for her native city.

These additions so increased the size of the two flanking buildings that something had to be done to the Cathedral to bring it to proper scale. Besides, the church was old, its walls were cracking, and it was too small for the congregation of the growing city.

As far back as 1834 the trustees had consulted with J. N. B. de Pouilly, the French architect. De Pouilly had suggested lengthening the church and adding galleries but he was not very optimistic that even these changes would enlarge the church sufficiently to fit the needs of the growing congregation.

A contract was made on March 12,1849, with an Irish builder, John Patrick Kirwan, "for the restoration of the Cathedral of St. Louis." De Pouilly's original specifications, which became part of the contract, called for a reconstruction that left intact only the lateral walls and the lower part of the front and the flanking hexagonal towers of the old church. But as construction proceeded, it became evident that the side walls, too, would have to be demolished.

During construction, the central clock and bell tower collapsed. This calamitous incident caused damage estimated as high as $20,000. In the months that followed, inspections by experts sought to determine the cause of the collapse, and proposals and counter-proposals between trustees and builder culminated in the trustees ordering Kirwan to quit the job. De Pouilly, the architect, was also dismissed and the trustees employed another architect.


Stavanger Cathedral: A Spiritual Monument for the Ages

Late Viking Age farming and fishing villages had started to abandon their traditional mythological concepts in favor of Christianity as early as the 10 th century AD. The decision to build the new church on top of an older settlement likely met with the approval of the entire community, which would have seen the awe-inspiring structure as a fitting tribute to their newly embraced spiritual belief system.

Throughout its existence, the cathedral has been critically important to the people of Stavanger. When the original wooden church was completely destroyed by fire in 1272, they rebuilt it with stone to make sure the new edifice would last for millennia. The Stavanger Cathedral has been in continuous use for nine centuries, and instead of being torn down it was repurposed from a Catholic to a Protestant house of worship when the city experienced the changes of the Reformation .

The city of Stavanger dates its founding to 1125, choosing that year to represent the time when the church was completed. Their determination to renovate the church to keep it functional is an impressive testament to the cathedral’s ongoing importance to the community.

Top image: Archaeological excavations in the basement levels of Stavanger Cathedral that yielded evidence of an older Viking settlement below the church cellars. مصدر: Kristine Ødeby / NIKU

Nathan

Nathan Falde graduated from American Public University in 2010 with a Bachelors Degree in History, and has a long-standing fascination with ancient history, historical mysteries, mythology, astronomy and esoteric topics of all types. He is a full-time freelance writer from. اقرأ أكثر


شاهد الفيديو: في إيطاليا. كاتدرائية مصنوعة من الخبز (يوليو 2022).


تعليقات:

  1. Afeworki

    يمكنني أن أسألك؟

  2. Selassie

    أجد أنك لست على حق. سنناقشها. اكتب في رئيس الوزراء.

  3. Graeham

    برافو ، على ما يبدو لي ، هي العبارة الرائعة

  4. Jukree

    هكذا هي الحياة. لا يمكنك أن تفعل أي شيء.

  5. Alafin

    نعم فعلا. كان معي أيضا. يمكننا التواصل حول هذا الموضوع. هنا أو في المساء.

  6. Salah Al Din

    أحسنت ، ستكون الجملة مفيدة



اكتب رسالة